After moving in Switzerland and starting a family, I began working privately and establishing my personal practice.
My professional journey in the field of mental health and family therapy began around 2000 and involves different international working settings in Greece, UK and Switzerland. Throughout my employment, I have always provided high quality, evidence-based, and culturally sensitive systemic psychotherapy services to individuals, families, couples, and/or professional networks.
My key employment history involves working as Highly Specialist Systemic Psychotherapist at different agencies including:
• Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust (Greenwich CAMHS / Youth Offending Team / Primary Education).
• South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (Adult Psychotherapy Unit at Maudsley Hospital and Adolescent department at Croydon CAMHS)
• South West London & St George’s NHS Trust (Richmond Child & Family Consultation Centre)
• Central and North west London NHS Foundation Trust (Marlborough Child & Family Service)
• Psychotherapeutic Institute of Family Relations, Athens- Greece
Within this professional role, I provided specialist consultations and supervision regarding diagnoses and treatment to colleagues, external agencies and trainee systemic psychotherapists. I worked with families affected by highly complex, emotive and often conflictual issues, such as those involving child protection, deliberate self-harm, violence, trauma, suicide risk, highly sexualized behaviour and mental health problems of parents.
Professional Qualifications and accreditations
• Recognized Systemic Psychotherapist with Systemis (Schweizerische Vereinigung für Systemische Therapie und Beratung)
• UKCP (United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy) registration No. 08159925
• Accredited Systemic Practitioner with the Association of Family Therapy (AFT) London, UK
• Recognized Family Psychotherapist with the European Association of Family Therapy (EFTA).
Copyright © Systemic Therapy - Amaryllis Kontostavlaki